Last revised: September 26, 2010
This module provides asynchronous dns support. This will avoid long periods where the bot just hangs there, waiting for a hostname to resolve, which will often let it timeout on all other connections.
This module requires: none
Put this line into your Eggdrop configuration file to load the dns module:
There are also some variables you can set in your config file:
- set dns-servers "188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206"
- In case your bot has trouble finding dns servers or you want to use specific ones, you can set them here. The value is a list of dns servers. The relative order doesn't matter. You can also specify a non-standard port. The default is to use the system specified dns servers. You don't need to modify this normally.
- set dns-cache 86400
- Specify how long should the DNS module cache replies at maximum. The value must be in seconds. Note that it will respect the TTL of the reply and this is just an upper boundary.
- set dns-negcache 600
- Specify how long should the DNS module cache negative replies (NXDOMAIN, DNS Lookup failed). The value must be in seconds.
- set dns-maxsends 4
- How many times should the DNS module resend the query for a given domain if it receives no reply?
- set dns-retrydelay 3
- Specify how long should the DNS module wait for a reply before resending the query. The value must be in seconds.
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2016 Eggheads Development Team